Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!
Isle of Mist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cave Systems

4 posters

Go down

The Cave Systems Empty The Cave Systems

Post  Selene Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:06 pm

The Cave Systems P158938-Bridgeport-Entrance_to_Russell_Cave

The entrance to this cave may look small, but the inside is huge and many other cave systems run from it miles underground. There are animal skeletons scattered around the floor in some places, though it's not apparent how they died. There are even some cave paintings on the wall, perhaps from previous civilizations? The best idea is to bring a light source along, since the cave is filled with complete and utter darkness. If you decide to venture into the cave, don't be afraid to get your paws wet!

>> Can be re-named! See Rewards Shop! <<

First Discovered by: Saharr
Renamed by: --
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

The Cave Systems Empty Re: The Cave Systems

Post  Saharr Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:51 pm

(I'm rambling, here, aren't I.. :U)

Alright, he had to admit, he didn't really want to go to the shore. He had to admit, maybe he did purposely get lost in the forest to test his theory. And if anything, he was right. Perhaps it only worked for him? was what the hound wondered. He didn't really care either way, he was just glad that he finally found what he had tried searching for earlier, a large cave, perfect for exploration. The only problem, though, was that it was dark. He'd have to find a light source to take in with him when he later decides that he'd go in. But, for now, he was satisfied just knowing that he'd found what he was looking for, and in his subtle excitement, Saharr trotted up to the side of the cave's mouth and leant against it for a few minutes.

After his brief, yet relaxing rest was over, the pharaoh hound peered into the cave once more to see if his sight could make out anything of interest. When he found nothing, he simply assumed that the more peculiar things would be further in the cave, and would be discovered another time by the hound. As the canine turned to walk away from the cave, he wondered how long it would take for the others to find out about it, and how much longer it would remain untouched for. With a slight, smug grin, Saharr picked up his pace once more and ventured into part of the forest in the hopes of meeting up with one of the other members somewhere else to find out about what had happened at the Shore.

Saharr
Saharr

http://wolf-jewelz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 am

Whoa, this place was mysterious. With every step she took, it seemed that one of the rocks near her would explode with a ghost. But come on? Who believes in ghosts now?

Spirit was not even close to the cave as she had thought, in fact, it was some way off from her, but if she kept heading straight, she'd be there soon enough. Ahh, but these rocks! They made her poor pads hurt even more. To the young female, it felt almost as if someone had dug their claw into it, the pain being unbearable. Yet, she continued on, her head held high.

For once in this whole time, the canid finally took a look around her. This place was very odd indeed, but one this was for sure - the sound of a waterfall was beating in her big brown ears. Without a doubt, she was getting closer. However, there was something pulling her to stay here. The female shook her head deliberately, as if she was trying to clear her thoughts. "I'm off-course", she muttered, and began walking towards the engaging sound of water.

Whilst she walked on, the wolf felt a hole beneath her paw. Or was it? Spirit looked down as she lifted her paw from the small muddy patch of grass. She craned her neck and sniffed the trail. It was of a dog, not wolf. She then investigated it's paw print - much thinner than her own, and slightly smaller. "Saharr?", she said, before looking up once again, towards the cave.

Last edited by Spirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Modifying font and colour.)
Spirit
Spirit

http://abluefire.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 am

Saharr hadn't wandered off too far into the forest before he'd faintly heard his name being called out by a wolf. He'd quickly recognised the voice to be Spirit's, and, after already having stopped in his tracks to tune into the call, the hound turned back to follow the sound, which seemed to have arrived from the cave he had just discovered. Had his small discovery already been stumbled upon by another member? It seemed so, as when the entrance was in his sight once more, so was the female that had called out his name. However, that didn't bother Saharr too much, he wasn't really planning on actually attempting to 'hide' the cave from the others anyway, and was simply hoping to keep it for himself until they discovered it also.

Having picked up his pace to meet up with the wolf, Saharr found himself already standing before Spirit as she was still looking around the area, with her gaze mainly kept around the cave's mouth. The hound cast her a polite nod with a small "Hello" added in as a greeting, topped off with a slight smile to reflect the level of friendship he had with the wolf. They were friends, right? The question quickly entered his mind as he re-thought his recent actions, and suddenly began to become filled with doubt. Then, with a barely noticeable, subtle shake of his head, the hound cast his doubts off, just as quickly as they'd arrived in his mind. If anything, they were definitely acquaintances, and, being packmates, it had to mean that they were a little more than just that. His mind had finally come to an agreement that he was satisfied with. Was he building social skills? Probably not - that would still take a while yet (and just be impossible for such a character regardless!).

(hahah this post was fun for some reason. .u. lolnotgonnareadoverandcheckthis)

Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Nalia watched as Spirit made her way over the rocks, then look down, as if she had stepped in something.
"Saharr?" called Spirit.
Saharr? Who is that? wondered Nalia. Then she saw a hound, in fact the one she had met earlier, scamper out of the forest and greet Spirit.
The two obviously knew each other, that much had Nalia learned from her previous encounter. They seemed to know each other well, though...how long had they been here?
Nalia moved a little closer, not yet wanting to reveal herself. Then she stopped. Wait...why did I come here? Curiosity, yes, but why? Why did I feel like if I didn't follow Spirit, I'd be lost?
Nalia tried to clear her questions with a soft snort. She wasn't used to depending on ANY wolf.
Banishing the questions, Nalia crept a tiny bit closer. She was so intent on watching the two canids that she didn't notice a brittle twig...right beneath her paw...
Snap!
Nalia froze.
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:06 am

The hound had appeared almost straight after she had mumbled his name. He greeted her briefly, and with a smile that followed. Saharr smiled? Hmm, that must have been the first time she'd seen him do so. In return, she answered the question which he would most likely be wanting to have asked. "I was planning on going to the waterfall, to...clear my thoughts", the brown wolf nodded in the direction she had originally wanted to go. "Much happened at the beach, I could tell you that once...".

A twig snapped. The female spun around, her inquisitive eyes studying the natures movement. She perked her ears, before looking at the male next to her, wondering if he had any idea of what could have made the noise. Spirit's amber gaze eventually settled on a bush, where the branch must have snapped. She was curious to see what was there, but yet she waited, perhaps the creature would reveal itself? Whatever it was, it had followed Spirit this whole time...silently.

Last edited by Spirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Modifying font and colour.)
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 am

Saharr listened closely to what Spirit was saying, but his attention was soon diverted just as hers was as a result of a sound emanating from the forest. He didn't pay as much attention to it as Spirit was, as he was more curious as to what she was about to say before she had trailed off. However, he was still wondering what, or who, had caused the sound, and so sniffed the air for a possible familiar scent. What he discovered was that it seemed to be coming from a female wolf, one that he had met before, although, especially because of the fact that another was standing right before him, he found it impossible to identify exactly who it was.

The hound soon forgot about what was going on further away from the two of them, and continued to think about what Spirit was going to say once more. He couldn't seem to put his... paw, on it. Then again, he didn't have many conversations with other canines, so it would really be difficult for him to guess or assume in any situation. Perhaps she meant that he was going to be invited to visit the waterfall with her? He, of course, was not sure, although he was partly hoping that that was what she meant, as he didn't really have anyone else that he was close enough with to actually talk to in the pack, and thought that having some of her company for a little while would be enjoyable. Bringing himself out of his thoughts once again, Saharr tuned in to the silence that was still present in the area, waiting to see what would happen next.

Last edited by Saharr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Nalia stayed still. HOW could I have been so clumsy? She scolded herself.
As soon as the twig had snapped, both Spirit and Saharr had looked in her direction. Spirit was training her gaze on a bush a few feet away from Nalia.
Well, they're bound to find out I'm here. No sense in holding off on that moment.
She slowly slithered out of the forest, and padded over to the two canids, "Hello again." She greeted them.

(short post, I know...sorry...)
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 am

Spirit watched the bush intensely, her gaze not drifting off it once. She was quite disappointed to see that the canid had emerged from a few paces away, and that creature was Nalia. No, she was not cast down that this specific wolf had appeared, more to the fact that she had her amber gaze locked on the wrong bush. Letting that thought drift, she turned her attention to this canine. The female stared in amusement, wondering why she was here. For a moment, she tried recollecting her thoughts to see if there was any trace of Nalia being at the beach when she was there. Surprisingly, she could remember the wolf lying down at the edge of the forest once Spirit had left. So...she must have followed her, but why? The brown wolf thought, but soon enough the grey wolf who had emerged spoke up: Hello again. In return, she smiled towards her faintly, as a greeting.

The canine turned to look at Saharr, who, throughout all this time, had kept quiet. She pondered upon what he was thinking at the time, because he definitely did not seem shocked nor extremely interested that this female had appeared out of no where. Eventually, Spirit brought herself to speak. "Nalia...why did you follow me?", she asked the wolf, the expression on her face still held that calm, comforting, smile.

Last edited by Spirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Modifying font and colour.)
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Nalia padded over to Spirit and Saharr, but stopped short at the other she-wolf's question, "Nalia...why did you follow me?"
Her smile seems friendly enough, reasoned Nalia. If she were angry with me, her smile would be forced. I don't think it is...
"I...I was curious as to where you were going. You walked away from the beach as though you had a destination in mind, and I wanted to see more of the island...without getting lost," said Nalia.
But then she murmured in Spirit's ear, "I'll explain later...not now, please." I don't feel comfortable telling Spirit, in front of another canine, the real reason I followed her: that I felt lost and afraid, like a scared pup.
Trying desperately to change the subject, Nalia motioned with her head towards the cave, "So...what is this place? Do you know where the cave goes?"
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Saharr watched as the female called Nalia padded up to where he and Spirit were already standing. He tried to make a mental note for himself of who she was as she neared them, and was soon listening to what the two were saying, standing quietly to the side, as he always did. He was, though, quickly interested in what Nalia had to say when she mentioned the cave, and seemed to ask where it lead. Saharr, not having an answer to that question just yet, replied simply, "No, none of us know where it leads," he said calmly, before adding a slightly quieter "yet" on the end of his response. He desperately wanted to search the cave, but knew that he couldn't at that point in time, obviously because of a lack of 'tools' and the fact that he was in the middle of being social didn't really help either. The hound didn't have anything more to say, and so turned his head to Spirit, waiting to see what her response would be to whatever Nalia had seemed to whisper in her ear before asking about the cave.

(I don't know what I'm typing)

Last edited by Saharr on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 am

The she-wolf showed no expression once the female had whispered a mutter of words into her ear. "I'll explain later...not now, please". Spirit was curious as to what she was so afraid of telling her. The question Nalia brought up afterwards quickly drifted her from the confusing thoughts which were flooding in her head. Saharr answered first, which made her chuckle. He seemed so interested in exploring and learning new things, his personality was quite mysterious to her.

To back up what he had said about the dark caves, she added. "Yes, I have no idea what lies within, but...", she smiled gently towards her pack-mates. "I would like to find out someday". She hoped that maybe Saharr and Nalia would be interested in joining her if she did venture into it one day.

A gush of wind blew her fur almost violently. As she looked up towards what was the sky, she noticed that one thing was still the same. The stars. They were the only thing she re-called from her past, and as she closed her eyes to think for a moment, Spirit could faintly remember her parents telling her stories as a pup. But all was once lost again when she open her eyes. As much as she longed for her unknown family, the wolf believed that maybe she was meant to be here. Abruptly, she turned towards the hound standing next to her. His head was already in Spirit's direction, which startled her a bit. "Do you think we'd be able to stay here the night?", her question directed to the knowledgeable dog.

Last edited by Spirit on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Modifying font and colour.)
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:44 pm

No, none of us know where it leads. Saharr's words echoed in Nalia's mind. Her fur tingled with anticipation. I hope we can find out someday.
Spirit's next words nearly mirrored Nalia's thoughts word for word, "I would like to find out someday."
Maybe...tomorrow? Nalia was immediatly glad that she didn't say that aloud. The other wolves...er, canines...would probably think she was crazy, wanting to rush headlong into a dark cave.
But then she saw Spirit's smile, sweet and gentle, but also a little mischief in it. Well...maybe they wouldn't think I'm too crazy...
Suddenly, a startlingly cold wind howled over the land. Nalia's neck fur bristled, revealing her scar.
Grr... she smoothed down her fur. It wasn't that she didn't want anyone else to see it, she just didn't like the fact that it was there.
"Do you think we'd be able to stay the night?" asked Spirit, turning to Saharr.
A distant memory came into Nalia's mind: standing on a cliff, listening to the wind shriek around her, gazing up into the stars. She remembered she had spent the night there; she hoped they could stay here...

(I'm just babbling, aren't I? Sorry...)
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 am

"Hmm," the hound made the thinking sound as he tried to prevent himself from thinking out loud as he weighed up the options of where to stay for the night. The cave wouldn't really be a suitable place to spend the night in, as all it was, was cold, damp, and probably home to a few creepy-crawlies that none of them would have wanted to wake up next to in the morning. Diverting his gaze to the forest that surrounded the small clearing that they were standing in, Saharr made the decision of what he was going to say. "We could use the trees along the edge of the forest as shelter for the night," was what he said, "as we wouldn't need much protection in the kind of weather we're experiencing at the moment." He didn't bother to bring up his thoughts of spending the night in the cave, and instead just hoped that the other two could figure it out soon enough on their own, that is, if they hadn't done so already.

Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum