Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!
Isle of Mist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Ruins

+3
Saharr
Kiyoura
Tarou
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange Ruins Empty Strange Ruins

Post  Tarou Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Strange Ruins Chacchoben-Mayan-Ruins-in-Mexico-480x359

Thick vegetation surrounds the strange pyramids of these ruins. Dirt villager-houses once stood around these large pyramids, now eternally silent. Upon further inspection, three tiki torches stand in the middle of the whole area, not far from the large steps leading into the pyramid-like structure. They are always lit, and never go out, even in all kinds of storms.

>> Can be re-named. See Rewards Shop! <<

First discovered by: Tarou
Renamed by: --
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

http://lyricalllamas.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Strange Ruins Empty Re: Strange Ruins

Post  Tarou Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Tarou calmly walked closer to the tiki torches and sniffed them. They gave off no scent of smoke or really any smell whatsoever. He attempted to move their bases with his nose, but to no avail. They were stuck firmly in the wet dirt. The sound of running pawsteps made him whip around, thinking there was an enemy behind him. Seeing that it was simply Kiyoura, the male wolf breathed a sigh of relief. "Haven't seen you in a while, certainly." he said, turning around once more to view the torches. "I wonder what these are. They're certainly interesting little things, but not the most attractive fellows." he pushed one playfully with his paw.

Thunder shook the landscape and lightning flashed again, filling up the sky. Tarou hadn't noticed that when he walked to the torches he had lost all of the leafy coverage of the forest. His body was soaked to the skin and his fur lay wet in mats. Ears pushed back against the rain, he once again turned to Kiyoura. "I must look like i'm in a state." he called out to her, yelling over the immense wind. The crashing sound of trees falling made him feel the familiar sense of fear that prickled through this spine and up to his brain. "We've got to get inside somewhere or the trees might fall on us!" he called back, looking around for any place to rest. Catching sight of the pyramid, he ran towards it. There were many steps, but there was an overhang right at the top. Perhaps there was some kind of entrance?
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyoura Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Kiyoura panted, running through pouring rain is never fun. "Haven't seen you in a bit either." she replied to Tarou. She looked at the torches, looking for any kind of.. key telling them what they are. Fascinating, though. Most torches don't stay lit during a storm. Wait. The storm. It was still going on. Why had she forgotten about it? Were the ruins having some strange effect? Or was she just too shocked at the sight of them? Either way, she knew they both had to find some kind of shelter. Any shelter, really.

"I'm not much better off." Kiyoura said in response to Tarou. They were both in a state. Trees crashed as the storm continued, lightning frequently lighting up the sky. It was almost like the end of the world. Hearing Tarou call about getting inside somewhere, she ran up to the pyramid and searched for an opening, any opening. Nothing was there. Nothing but the steps. "Maybe there's something at the top?" She called back. She really didn't think there would be, but they had to get out of this weather before it killed them.
Kiyoura
Kiyoura

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 pm

"There's got to be an opening somewhere! I mean this can't just be for show!" Tarou said, alarmed. It seemed like every second they were out in the storm was another second closer to grim death. The others would never know, it would just be like the two of them disappeared without a word. Running past Kiyoura, he made a head-start on the steps, bounding ahead and taking multiple at a time. It felt like these were some kind of stairway to heaven, but they certainly tired him out. What can I do if there isn't someplace we can stay when we reach the top? the male wolf wondered, panting despite the feeling of cold that filled him completely.

By the time he reached the top, his legs felt like jelly. He braced himself and looked, breathing a sigh of relief. "It's safe! There's some kind of.. overhang or opening at the top. I'll investigate while you come up." The moment Tarou stepped across the threshold, he felt a feeling of warmth that completely cut out the feeling of coldness he had just moments before. It wasn't too hot, but enough to make him comfortable. Confused about the sudden temperature change, he looked around. Seeing nothing, he walked completely across the threshold. It was an extremely small overhang, big enough for only Kiyoura and himself to fit comfortably most likely. The floor was made of some kind of stone that felt cold to the touch, despite the temperature of the room.

The male wolf simply sat down, resting. He waited for Kiyoura to join him and wondered how his packmates were now.
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyoura Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Kiyoura ran after Tarou, eager to get out of the storm. So much wind, rain, thunder, lightning.. and more coming. Always more. Trees falling. Areas flooding. Nothing but destruction. Never knowing the full extent of the damage. Never truly knowing how damaging it could be to us.. she couldn't stop thinking about it. She kept running up the steps, tiring a bit more with every step. It seemed like she never got closer to the top. Like she never truly moved at all. Like she was never going to get there. Of course, she would, but the feeling of not moving wouldn't leave her.

Finally, Kiyoura reached the top, relief filling her. Hearing Tarou announce it was safe and seeing him step into the overhang, she him. At last, warmth, and a feeling of safety! She didn't even care why it was suddenly so warm. She sat next to Tarou, examining the stone floor beneath them. It was cold, though the rest of the room was warm. She didn't care about that either. She was just happy to be safe for the time being. She thought of the rest of the pack. How are they handling the storm? They're all okay, right? They have to be. It couldn't be that bad. Right?
Kiyoura
Kiyoura

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm

After Kiyoura joined him, Tarou stood up and released a sigh. "I hope they're okay." the male wolf said, voicing his thoughts. Perhaps they were both thinking the same things? Either way, once the storm broke they could go back to the beach. Tarou peered outside and saw the rain falling as hard as ever. "Looks like it's not going to stop anytime soon." he said grimly. "But at least we got.. some forewarning." he continued thoughtfully, thinking about the wolves who alerted him to the coming storm. His thoughts then turned to the other strange newcomer who went off on his own before Tarou could respond to any of his questions, or even introduce himself. Either way.

Turning his attention once again to the overhang, the gray wolf turned to look forward, the way he was facing when he walked in. It looked as if there should be a continuing corridor that went deeper inside the pyramid. There was none, however there looked to be a little altar where you would put something in particular in order to gain entrance. The wolf sniffed at the absurdity of his thoughts. "That can't be it." he said aloud to himself.
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:48 am

Saharr looked around at the strange structures around him, amazed by their odd appearance and strange feeling created by their presence. He tilted his head as he observed the torches and other structures near them, curious, yet still cautious about what their purpose was. The rapidly dispersing scent of one male from his introduction earlier at the beach lead the dog to the base of a pyramid-like building, which seemed to be comprised of an escalating case of stone steps leading towards the smaller, flat top. He looked up towards the clouds and noticed the light shows had cleared, as had the thunder that they caused. It was still bucketing down rain, though, and he thought that shelter may be a good idea, despite the fact that his incredibly short fur didn't hold much water and dried quickly.

Thinking there'd be no harm in taking a look inside of this odd pyramid, he tried to search for an entrance around all sides of the base. Having no luck, his next option was to check the top of the pyramid, and, after reaching it after a laborious climb, he discovered an entrance into part of it. He could smell and almost hear two of the wolves inside of there, and decided to poke his head through with a question,

"Find anything in there?"
Saharr
Saharr

http://wolf-jewelz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyoura Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:00 pm

"They should be fine.. I hope they're fine.." Kiyoura said softly. She really didn't know what she'd do if something happened. She never prepared for disaster. "It can't last forever, it'll stop sometime." She tried to be comforting to the other wolf, though she had a feeling she was failing at this, probably being more comforting to herself. Of course, that wasn't a bad thing. It was keeping her from thinking about what could have happened to the pack by now.

"Hm? What can't be it?" She asked as she looked around, trying to find what couldn't be it. Finally her eyes landed on the altar. Is that it? Or isn't it? Either way, strange. "Looks like you could put something on it, wonder if it's anything in particular?" As she was saying that she caught the scent of another. Hm? Someone else manage to find their way here? Then Saharr poked in asked if they had found anything. "Not really. Well, we did find that thing." She nodded toward the altar.
Kiyoura
Kiyoura

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

She leaps out of the forest, only to find herself standing in front of something like a huge stone.
The rain is calming, and seems to only be pouring slightly. Hopefully the sun will come out again soon, I’m freezing! The female thinks to herself.
As Spirit makes her way around the area, she sees some stairs which lead to the top of the pyramid. One paw at a time, she feels the stone pressing into her pads. At least this is better than that wet sand! As she looks up, a brown tail appears. That must have been the scent I caught. Spirit watches curiously as to what the dog is doing, and joins in, only to find the wolf Kiyoura and a young male lying down. Seeing that these canines are of no threat, she proudly announces that the worst has passed, and it’s only raining slightly now.

“Do you know where everyone else is?”, she asks, her eyes wide open, awaiting an answer.
Spirit
Spirit

http://abluefire.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Tarou shrugged. "We can only guess, I suppose." he replied thoughtfully. The scent of a newcomer filled his nose and turned his head, eyes looking into the newcomer's green-ish ones. It was the dog from before, back for another visit. "Nothing much. We came here for protection from the storm." the male leader replied. "It's nice and warm in here.. but there's nothing else except this altar like structure. Very strange. I'm Tarou by the way. I was the first of.. us .. to come to the island" Suddenly another scent grew stronger, signaling the arrival of a female wolf. Eyes flicking over to her, he listened to her speak, feeling a sense of relief as he heard the storm was abating. "I know they're on the beach." he said vaguely. "I don't know exactly where. In a cave, I think. I hope it held up against the waves, they were probably huge. If the storm is leaving the island we should probably re-unite with the others before long, just to make sure everyone is okay."
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyoura Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:05 pm

((Short post is short. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUSH ME.))

"The cave should have held up against the waves. Huge waves or not." Kiyoura said as she took a step toward the entrance. "And, I agree we should return to the shore. We might be needed, and, it won't do us any good if we're missing from the pack." She walked outside then turned back to the other canines. "..I don't suppose anyone remembers the way back?" She asked, embarrassed. When she ran to this place, she wasn't paying attention to anything. Oh well.. I'm sure someone was actually thinking when they came here.

Kiyoura
Kiyoura

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 am

She nodded briefly. Spirit whipped around, the sound of a faint waterfall entered her ears. [By the way, if you didn’t read her bio, she has very sharp eye sight and hearing]. Spirit shook her head, hoping the wolves didn’t notice her randomly turning around.
The sun seemed to be appearing, slowly, but it definitely was coming out. She leaped down the stairs swiftly, then walked through the damp forest, guiding the wolves back to the beach. Suddenly, she came to a halt. “I don’t suppose any of you are hungry?”, she said, looking over her shoulder.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

Tarou nodded his head, indicating that Kiyoura's logic did indeed make sense. "Well, as long as they didn't leave the beach already." The large wolf carefully made his way over toward the entrance of the pyramid and peeked out. It was now misty because of the rainfall, however the sky was no longer pouring buckets and the thunder and lightning passed. This was good. Everything was going to be okay. Catching Spirit's strange turn-around, he raised his "brow" slightly in confusion, and looked the way she was looking. Nothing of interest seemed to be there. Tarou shrugged and continued making his way down the pyramid. Once he reached its large base, he breathed in the fresh air deeply. Hearing Spirit's question, he replied quickly, hearing his stomach rumbling. "I'd surely be up for it!"
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 pm

She gave a brief nod. "And what about the rest of you? If you are all too tired to hunt I know of a carcass in the valley", she turned to look in that direction.
As she heard the males stomach rumble, she turned her attention to him. "What do they call you by?", the young female did her best to sound polite.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  NightStar Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:20 pm

NightStar weaved her way through the area. Soon, her nose twitched with a scent; wolves. The she-wolf stopped abruptly at the scent and stayed on her stomach, knowing her silver markings were best kept near ground. She stalked forward to a bush, then stopped, peering through the green, thick, leafy haze that surrounded her head.

As she strained to see, wolves started to come into view. There were long-legged ones, suggesting hunters; bulky ones, suggesting warriors, and many others. She sneaked her way through the bush and out to the open, then said quietly- to no one in particular -"Hello, there." Soon she got up the confidence to say, "I'm NightStar. Is-is this a pack?"
NightStar
NightStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:36 am

The male quickly whipped his head around and noticed the others had already begun leaving while he was observing the stones used in the creation of the pyramid. Not wanting to get lost on this strange island, he used his agility to quickly skip and bound down the side of the pyramid and catch up to the wolves ahead of him. He managed to catch part of the conversation the two were having as he neared them, and decided to join in once he was up beside them.

"Hunting?" Was how he began. Knowing that this is definitely too vague, he gathered up the skill to speak a little more. "I've never properly 'hunted' before," the hound said, "but even then, what would we find here?" He looked up and around at the surrounding trees, before diverting his gaze back to eye-level. He couldn't think of anything the pack could possibly hunt. Deer, perhaps? But they'd have to somehow make it to the island to exist first, but, good prey was something they'd make. Birds would be highly difficult to catch, and wouldn't supply enough food to keep a canine going, so they were out of question. Rodents were another option, but again, not sufficient enough for a wolf such as the others. He sighed as he kept thinking of possible prey options, but none of them were really good enough for a growing pack such as theirs. Shaking his head, he kept on walking, awaiting for the response of the others.
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:04 pm

The air is cool, the sun seems to be shining, and the birds are finally coming out again. It's passed, the female wolf thinks to herself, relieved.
"Hi there NightStar". She leaves the question it asked for Kiyouara to answer, she'll know better than her.
She then turns to face the dog. "I saw a carcass in the valley, perhaps we can find food there?".

Spirit sits patiently, awaiting to see what the wolf will say to the stranger.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  NightStar Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 pm

The she-wolf nodded to the wolf who had greeted her, then turned her head to the one who was supposedly the dominant. She dipped her head in respect, hoping the dominant would see of her not as a threat, more of a simple wolf wishing to join a pack.

Her silver ears flicked at every sound; her coat creating spots of dew from the humidity and mist. Her tail lay limp, almost touching the ground, though just brushing it ever so slightly. Her amber eyes were fixed on the ground as she awaited an answer; to be greeted with kindness, not hostility.
NightStar
NightStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Tarou turned to face Spirit. "I go by the name Tarou. Apparently I've been given the responsibility of leading this group of canines. I was the first one to wash up on this island." The male wolf then turned to look at the dog-like canine. "We could try for sloths, the really slow tree-climbing ones.. if we find them on the ground. There are probably a few buffalo-like animals around here... but we have to be careful, there are large cats that could pose a problem for us." Then another female came from the shadows, making her way towards the group. He watched as Spirit greeted her, and then the newcomer turned her attention towards Tarou as well as Kiyoura. He blinked politely at her, showing she did not pose any threat. "If you are looking for membership welcome, NightStar. There are many more canines that inhabit this island with us."
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiyoura Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:44 pm

"It's worth seeing if there's food where you saw the carcass." Kiyoura replied. She didn't expect to find anything here, but it was still worth a shot. Hearing a strange wolf approach, she turned to look at NightStar. Hmm, where did she come from? she asked herself. "Yes, you could call this a pack. My name is Kiyoura, pleasure to meet you." She looked over the unfamiliar wolf, examining her. "Where did you come from? Most of us here don't remember how we got here. We're just.. here." Deciding the wolf posed no threat to her or the rest of the pack, she said softly, "You are free to join us. We don't really know where we are or what we're doing here, but we'd be happy to have you."
Kiyoura
Kiyoura

Back to top Go down

Post  NightStar Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:02 pm

NightStar shrugged, seeing as the wolves were friendly. "One moment I'm in Canada, the next I'm here. I remember a sharp pain in my side, but that's really all I remember." She explained. It was true, before she forgot everything she remembered a pain in her side and collapsing. Then she was stranded here; not knowing other canines inhabited this place.

"And yes, I would much appreciate if I could join you." She said to the wolves.
NightStar
NightStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 am

The young female wolf tilted her head a bit, and gave a small cheeky smile. She leant forward to sniff the wolf. “You have a nice name; NightStar. It’s unique. So is yours, Tarou!”. Spirit couldn’t help but get excited for the future; they were now a pack!
She observed the ruins. They were surrounded by trees, she couldn’t remember which way the valley was. The brown wolf closed her eyes, re-tracing her steps from when she came here. The others must have thought she looked like a complete lunatic, but she pushed that aside and stopped thinking about it.
Suddenly, she stopped, and looked down at the ground. There was a paw print left under hers, it was slightly larger. As she looked up Spirit could see the valley, once again. She began weaving through the trees, happy to have accomplished something. The wolf looked over and laughed. “We’re here!”, she exclaimed.

~~~> Spirit has moved to 'Drimson Valley'. <~~~
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarou Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Tarou nodded his head slightly, indicating his thanks for Spirit's compliment. Following her lead, he watched as she disappeared into the forest surrounding the ruins. She probably knew where all the food was, right? Maybe she explored more than he did. Taking it one step at a time, the male wolf left for the valley nearby.

-- Tarou has moved to Drimson Valley --
Tarou
Tarou
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NightStar Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:59 pm

NightStar saw all the wolves beginning to migrate. She got up, shook her shaded coat, then began to follow with them, trusting they knew the place.
NightStar
NightStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:34 am

Becoming distracted once more, the male fell behind from the group. Catching up with a brief pant, he followed them to the valley Spirit had spoken of, and he had only barely seen. As he neared the valley, he broke off a little from the main group of the few wolves and went off his own way, in a slightly different direction. Exploring had always been one of the things he did best, and so, he found it an enjoyable pastime, especially on an island like this.

>> Saharr has sort of moved to Drimson Valley <<
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum