Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!
Isle of Mist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange Ruins

+3
Saharr
Kiyoura
Tarou
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Strange Ruins - Page 2 Empty Re: Strange Ruins

Post  Selene Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Selene ventured deep into the forest and eventually came to some strange ruins. In the middle of it all was a huge pyramids with crumbling steps that seemed to lead to an overhang. Not far from one of the entrances was a "circle" of 3 tiki torches, which still were lit brightly even after the snowstorm. Very curious...

The white female remembered what the pup Ginger had said. The leader's name was Tarou, was it? "Tarou? Tarou?" she called to him, hearing her voice echo throughout the valley. She sat and waited for a reply.

Minutes past and there was no returning call. Selene looked around the whole clearing of ruins, calling the male's name. No one responded and she did not see anyone, though she did see some faint pawprints in the snow that led to the tiki torches and then just... stopped. What could this mean? Had he just.. disappeared?
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Nalia pushed through the jungle, her paws aching and bleeding a little. Her fur still felt waterlogged, and her head swam, much like her whole body was doing not half an hour before. To make matters worse, the tropical sun beat down on her, making her feel tired and unbearable thirsty.

Finally, she couldn't take it any longer. Nalia flopped down to rest beside a tree, panting heavily. She cleaned her paws...and then stopped mid-lick. Was it her imagination, or did she see a clearing through the trees?

Wincing a little with pain, Nalia got to her paws and headed for the clearing. She stuck her head out of the bushes that surrounded the clearing, and gazed around in awe.

A huge pyramid dominated the scene, in the exact middle of the ruins, which sprawled all over the clearing. Torches stood guard, silently burning, in a small circle around them.

Nalia looked around, dumbstruck, for a few moments, then shook herself and limped into the open.

Suddenly, she stopped. Her nose twitched. Is that another wolf that I smell? Are there other canines on this island? She thought.

That is another wolf...but who, and where did he or she go? Nalia cautiously limped out farther into the clearing.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Helloooo..." she called. No one answered, save for the eerie echoes of her voice, "Hello...hello...hello...anyone there...anyone there...helloooo..."
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 pm

The female wove in and out of the trees. The white wolf could not be seen, but she heard her all right, combined with another strange smell -- it was of a wolf, but one she did not know. Spirit crouched and followed its scent, her belly feeling the cold grass below, where snow had been not long ago. She edged forward silently. The grey wolf which she was observing seemed to be slightly confused, surely it could mean her no harm. Yet, Spirit still crept, and did so silently, stalking her from the behind. When she was 3 paces away, she sat down, gave her paws a quick lick, before glancing at the wolf before her, who had not yet spotted her. "And who are you?", she said, her tone flat, her face unreadable.
Spirit
Spirit

http://abluefire.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:42 pm

"AAAHHH!!!" Nalia jumped a foot in the air. That voice came out of nowhere!

She wildly looked around, relaxing a little when she saw the other female wolf behind her, "Wow...you scared me!" Her heart rate was still racing.

Nalia shook herself, trying to calm down (and pretty much failing). She glanced again at the other wolf, "I'm Nalia. Who are you? Do you live here?"
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:02 pm

The female chuckled to herself at the wolf's reaction. "Nalia...", she repeated the name. Spirit stood up, and walked around the wolf, studying her. "Yes, I do live here", she paused to look at the wolf, "I'm supposing you do as well", the brown wolf shot her quick smile. "As a pack we have learnt to thrive here", to clear any confusion, Spirit added, "Yes, our pack. And what brings you here?". She stopped circling the wolf, and instead stood in front of her, curious as to who she was.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

"I don't know." said Nalia in answer to the other wolf's question of 'What brings you here?'

"I only just got here. From where, I have no idea. All I remember is being in a den of some kind, and then poof. My memory goes blank on me, and I'm battling huge waves trying to swim to shore." Nalia shook her head, "It's so frustrating. I keep having these vague memories about family, my family, yet for the life of me, I can't remember their names or personalities."

Nalia stopped, mouth open in another statement. She closed it, then shook her head again and said, "I'm sorry, I've been babbling on and on about me. What's your name? And you mentioned something about a pack. Where are they, and are you the leader?"

Secretly, Nalia hoped this wolf was the leader. That would mean that she, Nalia, wouldn't have to walk anymore to find another wolf. Her aching paws were driving her crazy.
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

The she-wolf listened and by the time the wolf had finished talking, she could remember every single word she had said. "My name is Spirit, I'm the pack Tensi. I predict the weather and such, I see what many others cannot". The female took a deep breath. "Most of our pack is in the valley, and our leader Tarou headed somewhere towards here. So no, I am not the leader.", she grinned.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:09 am

Selene suddenly heard the soft murmurring of other voices. Was this Tarou, the mysterious leader? Quietly venturing forth and looking from behind the pyramid, she saw two wolves. One she vaguely recognized from before but there was another female that she did not recall. A newcomer, perhaps?

Putting on her best smile, the white female wolf confidently walked forth to them. "Hello!" she said. "I hope I did not startle you... I'm Selene!" Turning her gaze towards the other, familiar wolf, she asked her a question. "Have you.. seen.. Tarou recently?"
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:41 am

"The valley? Oh, so there's more to this island," said Nalia, "When I was swimming towards this place, the island looked rather small, but I guess it is--wait. How many wolves are in this pack?"

Nalia was about to ask another question when a new voice interrupted, "Hello!"

Nalia's ears swiveled towards the sound, and the rest of her head followed suit. A white she-wolf strolled up to them, grinning. "I hope I did not startle you. I'm Selene."

Selene looked at Spirit, "So have you...seen...Tarou recently?"

Nalia cocked her head. I'd sure like to meet this Tarou. Maybe he or she knows a way to get off this island, and back home.

She gave a small sigh. Well, wherever home is, anyway.
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 am

The she-wolf gave a brief nod towards Nalia, "Yes, there is much more to this island which even we haven't uncovered". Spirit opened her mouth and begun counting how many there were in the pack. "Roughly 12", she answer quickly.

A voice came from the ruins, and there appeared the white wolf she had seen earlier. Spirit edged back, but then greeted the wolf with muzzle-licks. After all, they were not strangers, she posed no threat to the pack, and in fact she seemed rather nice. "No, I haven't seen Tarou", she looked away, trying to hide her disappointment, "I'm sure he'll be back soon enough."

(TAROUUUUUU, WHERE ARE YOUUUU? XD)
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

"Yeah..." the female said softly, looking away and sitting down, "Hopefully. I was looking forward to meeting him." The female wolf thought about the pack's situation and began scheming.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 am

The hound shook his head. Surely, this place was in the other direction? How could he have ended up here, by the Strange Ruins again? I couldn't have gotten lost - he didn't want to admit it. This island was mysterious, after all, perhaps it leads you to where you're supposed to be in some magical way? Or perhaps Saharr simply lost track of where he was going and somehow made his way to the area. He found the latter to be more believable, although he was curious to see if the first idea was, in a way, true, but that would have to wait until later, as he could see a few other canines ahead of him. Picking up his pace, he was soon apart of the group of canids that were standing around the ruins, and quickly began wondering what they were doing here.

As he nodded a greeting to the few wolves around him, he noticed that one of them was new, and that one of them who was supposed to be here, was not. Where's Tarou? The hound's mind questioned what was going on, but he wasn't planning on speaking up about it any time soon. He'd assumed that one of the other members would fill him in on what was going on, and turned his head to Spirit to see if she'd be the first to speak up, the curiosity gleaming in his eyes as he waited.

Saharr
Saharr

http://wolf-jewelz.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:16 am

The she-wolf flicked her brown ears to the sound of paws being pressed into the lush undergrowth. Strangely enough, the sound of them was light, ahh, it must be Saharr. Moments later, the dog appeared before the females. She smiled towards him slightly, relieved to have the company of a pack-mate which she knew relatively well. Spirit starred into his greenish-yellow eyes, mesmerized by their unique colour, which she hadn't seem to notice earlier. The female could see that the dog was confused as to why she had wandered here, and who these strange wolves were, so she began speaking in a calm tone. "I followed Tarou to here, and in the process, I stumbled upon these two wolves", she motioned towards the females. "That is Selene, and over there is Nalia", she told him, before adding, "Say, you haven't happened to see Tarou recently?", Spirit's gaze slowly moved from him to the surroundings around her, as she watched the plants being blown by the warm wind.
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:06 am

The hound returned the slight smile to Spirit as she stared in his direction, before adding in a sound of concentration to go with what she had told him. He'd seen Selene talking to Briggs earlier in the valley, although he hadn't met this new wolf, who was apparently called Nalia. He let his gaze follow Spirit's motion towards the females and took note of exactly who they were by appearance, before adding in another short nod to them as he turned back to the female beside him. So it appears no one must have any clue of what has happened to Tarou, the dog thought to himself, becoming even more perplexed about their situation than before. In response to Spirit's question, Saharr simply shook his head, before adding in a mumbled "No" as he hung his head low towards the ground, deep in thought.
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:35 am

Selene listened to the two wolves, taking in their words. How could the leader have simply disappeared? In the least... she had wanted to meet him. Feigning interest about the conversation, she looked around the area for one more glimpse. The pyramid, sitting silent and stony face, revealed no secrets. The snow had long since disappeared from the ground and one more the island became almost unbearably hot, though her pale pelt protected her from most of the blaze. The three strange torches remained lit, and she decided they probably always will. Had they been lit during both the rain and thunderstorm? How very... curious. What else did this wretched place have to offer?

The sound of a far off cry made her jump quite literally from her reverie. Looking towards the sound, she figured out it was from strange male... most likely a newcomer who had no idea what the heck was going on in the first place. The ghostly voice immediately caught her interest, and she decided to go discover what she could from the situation. Huffing slightly at the two packmates who told her nothing useful of Tarou, she walked away from them without even a goodbye and headed towards the howl.

- To Kaigara Shore -
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Spirit Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:57 am

The female had no way of hiding her disappointment once Saharr had replied. If Tarou did not return, what were they to do? Moments later, a piercing cry echoed through the trees which separated earth from sky. As the she-wolf listened to the desperate howl, she became more eager to know who had made it. Besides, if there was another canid on this island which did not belong to the pack, they would have to take a look anyway. Spirit stared at the wolves before her, the expression on her face almost unreadable. "Let's go see what's happened", she told them. As the wolf did so, she noticed that Selene was missing. Spirit could only assume that she had followed the call, so she went after the sound herself.

- Spirit has moved to Kaigara Shore -
Spirit
Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post  Nalia Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:45 pm

The shrieking howl jolted Nalia from her thoughts. What in the name of Lupus was that!?
She saw Spirit moving off towards the sound, "Let's go see what's happened," said the other female wolf.
Nalia, driven by curiosity, followed Spirit. What had made that unearthly howl?
Nalia shivered a little. The howl kept echoing in her mind, bringing back memories...only feelings, of loneliness, heartache, wandering mile after mile...
She broke into a run, as if moving faster would clear away the feelings.

-Nalia has migrated to guess-where (Kaigara Shore)-
Nalia
Nalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saharr Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:05 pm

The canine simply stood and watched as the others moved away from where he was. He'd heard the howl that they had all seemed to have picked up on, but with the amount of wolves going to investigate it now, there was no point in him going there himself. He'd just add to the trouble, and besides, it wasn't like him to even get involved in the first place, Saharr was normally the one that sat out, whether it be for his own safety or not.

The hound slowly rose from the ground and scanned the area that he was in once more. He strolled around in the shape of a circle as he thought of what to do. He could always go exploring around the ruins on his own if he wanted to, but after what had happened with Tarou, Saharr was acting too weary of the area to investigate it on his own. With a slight sigh, the hound shook his whole body as he stood in the heat, still not having a clue as to what he should do. Perhaps going down to the shore wasn't too bad of an idea. Just because he was there it didn't mean he had to get involved, especially if he was watching from a distance.

Making the decision, the pharaoh hound finally turned towards where the others had disappeared to and followed along the path they had taken. There wasn't really anything he should be worrying about, unless, of course, a fight had broken out by some chance. Only then would he not have a chance against any of these wolves that weren't, of course, his packmates.

<< To the Cave Systems! >>
Saharr
Saharr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum