Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Isle of Mist
Hi! Welcome to Isle of Mist's website. In order to create an account, you must be a member of the pack. You can sign up to become a member by applying on our WolfQuest thread located in Pack Central.

If you're already a member, login to have the ability to view all of IoM's boards & forums!
Isle of Mist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drimson Valley

+7
Saharr
Spirit
Toby
||Jay||
Ginger
Briggs
Tarou
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Drimson Valley - Page 6 Empty Re: Drimson Valley

Post  Spirit Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:06 pm

The canid gave a brief nod to Saharr before tilting her head at the male wolf next to her, trying to remember how long he slept for. "Not long", she replied. Spirit gave a grin to show that his apology was accepted - and then groomed herself, taking the tiny snowflakes off with her tongue.
A 'hello' was heard in the distance. The she-wolf narrowed her eyes and gave a small growl: the stranger wolf was right in front of Briggs, Jay, and the pups. She stood her ground, breathing air in quickly, the fur on her back standing up.

Last edited by Spirit on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit
Spirit

http://abluefire.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roku Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:53 pm

The grass rustled slightly as Roku wandered through the valley. The small fox-like creature didn't bother to be quiet - he assumed he was alone. He stopped and sat up, watching the strange white flakes fall. He didn't recognize them. Were they normal here? What were they, anyway? "Ah, no use in sitting here trying to figure it out. I wonder what else is around here.." he said to himself as he got up and resumed his wandering. Suddenly, the scent of other canines drifted his way. I.. I'm not alone here? He carefully followed the scent, trying to avoid making any kind of sound.

As he came up to the group of canines, he slowed and eventually came to a stop. He poked his head up to get a look at them, and saw many canines. Some small, others large. They were all so different. They look friendly.. should I say hello? He wrestled with the thought. He wanted to introduce himself, yet at the same time he was afraid of them. What if they were hostile toward him, and tried to attack him? Who knows what could happen! Finally, he decided to stay where he was and observe for a while. Maybe they'd find him and do the work of starting a conversation for him. Or maybe they wouldn't notice and he could be on his way. Either way, they were fascinating to watch.
Roku
Roku

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:03 pm

He was wagging his tail when he stopped all of the sudden. Looking around, he was dumbfounded for a moment as he quickly lost sight of Ginger. Blinking, he looed around & was about to ask Briggs where she had went until he fell over with a surprised yip from being pounced.
Tumbling over he blinked seeing Ginger & continued wagging his tail as he gave a giggle. Getting back up he shook his fur & puffed out his tiny chest to look sorta intimidating to her. "Nuuu-uuhh!" He skipped to her & poked her nose with his paw before leaping around her & catching her tail, talking with a muffled mouth "Ha, seeh! I caug ya'!" He said playfully.-
Toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Ginger gave out several yips of laughter seeing Toby's attempt to look intimidating. When Toby suddenly recovered from the attack and grabbed onto her tail surprised her as she wasn't expecting him to make a move so quickly. Hearing Toby Ginger was quick to react turning around quickly attempting to grab onto Toby and bring him down onto the ground.
Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post  Briggs Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 pm

The sounds of the pups playing were mere background noises as Briggs kept his gaze on the white she-wolf. To his relief, though not surprise, she replied in a friendly tone. A light breeze cast a few snow flakes into the brown males face, along with bringing to him the sent of two other strangers. This island was becoming quite populated wasn't it. He cast his gaze around, catching sight of both others. Having so many strangers around began to knot his stomach in nervousness, especially with the pups playing about, but none of the new canines seemed to be posing a threat, in fact, the two males seemed to be just watching.

When his golden gaze fell back onto the one with the pretty white fur, Briggs smiled, but refrained from closing the space in between them, for he wanted to keep close by the pups in case of danger. He didn't know what else to say, finding it hard to concentrate on their conversation, his ears perked towards the other stranger canines. "... How long have you been here, on this island?" The brown male finally asked, though he already knew the answer would be not long.
Briggs
Briggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tau Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:30 am

Tau had been watching quietly and contently for some time before he finally noticed that one of the canines, a brown male had noticed his harmless watching. Not wanting to make the male become curious of his watching, Tau turned and went off at a brisk pace deeper into the forest. After walking for some time Tau finally allowed himself to slow back into his usual pacing gait. He could still, but faintly smell the group of canines but one of their scents still seemed fairly close which made Tau wonder if one of them followed him halfways or one of the canines was by him all that time he was watching. Tau's curiousity level was high so he decided it wouldn't hurt to turn and check why the scent was closer then the others. Making his way back Tau paused as the canine's scent was strong so he peaked out from a thick line of trees to see a small, fox-like creature. Even if Tau didn't enjoy talking he managed to think of a quick sentance to say to the fox-like creature who seemed to also be watching the group "Uh, hello there..." Tau said akwardly not really used to being the one to start up a conversation.
Tau
Tau

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:22 am

Giving a pathetic pup growl, a playful smirk etched onto Toby's little muzzle. His attention was taken tonto the form of a snowy white unknown female as he heard Briggs ask of how long she has been here.
As he watched her for a moment, he was unsure if he should go & hide behind Briggs, but by the sound of his calm conversation with her, it was okay to keep playing. At that, he was tugged when his grip on Ginger's tail quickly slipped from his mouth as she attemtped trying to turn the tables on his & try to get him.
Giving a small squeak, he scrambled to try & get her tail again but was too late since she tuned around. He backed up preparing to playfully tackle her but when he jumped, he noticed another wolf not too far pff who was watching then wandered off. When he focused back to what he was doing, he was unaware that he flew past Ginger & fell behind her landing in an awkward position as his rump was in the air.-

[bleh a failed post here -.-"]
Toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post  Roku Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Roku smiled as he watched the pups play. He loved pups, they were always so cute. If it weren't for the fact the other canines would probably see him as a threat, he would have jumped in and played with them too. Eventually he looked away from them and saw a much larger canine looking at him and another male, who seemed to have run off. To be safe, Roku took a few steps back, not wanting to look like he posed any kind of threat. Besides, if the pack chose to run him off, he might have a bit of a head start.

He jumped as he heard the male who had run away greeted him. "..Hello. I presume you also came to watch them?" he asked as he looked at the male. I've never seen such long legs on a fox.. he thought, not knowing that he wasn't actually a fox.
Roku
Roku

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Ginger wondered what Toby was looking at so she stole a quick glance to the spot Toby's head was turned to just to see the canine vanish into the forest. As she was distracted for a few seconds she seen Toby fly right past her blocking her view of were the canine went off to. Quickly Ginger scrambled to turn around and look at Toby, he had his rump high in the air which sent Ginger into a laughing fit. Ginger took the time that he was in that akward position to tackle him and attempt to pin him down, with an excited bark Ginger said, "I won!" in a proud voice.
Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Selene pondered his question as others surrounded her, a small fox and some other canine creature, the likes of which she'd never seen before. It took all the energy she could give in order to her not rolling her eyes, but she managed to stay with her beautiful smile. "Not long... I don't believe? I'm not sure, I don't remember that well." Selene looked at him, deciding that he was probably the one who knew the most about what was going on. "Where am I? Am I just... dead or something?"
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Briggs Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:25 pm

one of the male canines vanished back into the woods, though he couldn't be too far away for his sent still came to Briggs's nose. The other, upon noticing that he was being watched, took a few steps back. To the brown wolf, this was enough to ease his suspicions of hostility, allowing him to focus back on the white wolf as she answered him.

Briggs couldn't help but chuckle at her response, golden eyes bright with amusement. "nope, your not dead" He answered, though he knew her statement hadn't been serious. "I don't actually know much about where we are. Some sort of island, no one here can really remember how they happened to make it here" The brown male added in a more serious tone, sinking to a sit in the cold snow, his tail curling around his paws.
Briggs
Briggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tau Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Tau opened his mouth to say something but paused and went silent for a few seconds. After thinking another sentence over he thought it wasn't to polite to exactly look down on someone so he slowly slid down to sit a short distance away from the canine, Uh, no I'm not exactly here to watch... don't take this the wrong way but, what are you exactly? Tau asked as he never seen anything like this small canine.
Tau
Tau

Back to top Go down

Post  Roku Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Roku tilted his head as he saw the canine start to say something, but then go silent. Is that a normal thing to do..? He wasn't too experienced in actually talking to someone, he had been on the island alone for so long and he never was good with it anyway. Finally, the "fox" replied to him. "Oh.. I thought you were. I'm a jackal. Name's Roku. And, uh.. do you mind me asking what you are? You look like a fox but.." he stopped, wondering if it was okay to say that he wasn't sure. Am I being rude? I hope not..
Roku
Roku

Back to top Go down

Post  Tau Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Tau replied to Roku's question "Nice to meet you Roku I'm Tau a Maned Wolf." he said. The young Maned Wolf laughed as Roku thought he was a fox.
Tau
Tau

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Little Toby fell over with an "oooff" when he got tackled by Ginger. His head spun, feeling a bit dazed but surprised to see Ginger who had pinned him down ranting over her victory. Giving a startled gasp at the fact, Toby stuggled to try & push her off before finally slipping from underneath her & panting lightly. Looking around he wondered of what excuse he could say for being beaten until he perked & puffed out his chest in confidence. "Nuu-uhh I let ya win." He gave a playful growl & leaped at her playfully chewing on her ears.-
Toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:19 am

Toby's little playful growl was replied with a louder growl from Ginger as she tried to sound stronger then Toby. When Toby leaped at her Ginger lost her footing and tumbled onto her back and Toby chewed at her ears. Not wanting to seem like Toby had her Ginger give a swift yet somewhat light kick to Toby's stomach before giving another playful growl and clamped down lightly on Toby's neck not meaning any harm.
Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post  Briggs Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:57 am

As briggs awaited the white wolf's reply, he heard Toby and Ginger playing behind him. There little growls and claims at beating one another beckoned him to join in with their games, however, he did not want to seem rude to this stranger by turning his back on her and dismissing her from his attention. The brown wolf took a quick glance over his shoulder at the pups, then turned his gaze back to the white wolf. After a moments hesitation, he gave in, smiling. "I'm sorry to be rude, but I need to settle something" He said with a nod to the beautiful wolf before him. Then, he turned around to face the wrestling pups.

Briggs watched them for a few seconds, eyes following their every move. It was always sort of silly to the male that though one of his eyes was as good as gone, it still acted as if it worked. When the time seemed right, he pushed himself forward, large paws pushing through the snow, hind legs launching him towards the pups. With precise accuracy, he landed with a paw on either side of them both, towering over them. Carefully so as not to harm them, he placed a paw on either one, only using enough force to hold them down.

"I believe this means that I win" The brown wolf teased, a grin tugging at his lips, revealing his pearly fangs. His tail flicked to and fro in a playful gesture as he continued to hold them down, looking down upon them with amusement in his eyes.
Briggs
Briggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Selene Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:27 am

Selene listened quietly to the male speak. "Curious." she murmured aloud. "Perhaps there is a mystery that must be solved. Ah, don't listen to my fantastical theories." The female wolf smiled at the male. "Oh, and I must have missed your name?" She queried, watching him. He went towards the pups and began playing with them. The white wolf looked away and once more at her surroundings. The island was now pretty much completely blanketed in white.
Selene
Selene

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 am

He tried to break free from Ginger's grip on his neck. Flailing his legs, he was constantly pawing at her face with his feet. He was pawing her mouth & was about to break free when they were suddenly pinned both by Briggs.
He gasped when he announced that he won & struggled to break free before he was waving his paw at him trying to think of an excuse. "Nooo the only reason was cause um cause..." He rubbed his head with his tiny paw looking at Ginger & came up with one. "Oh I know! I coulda beaten you too Briggs, I just used all my muscly strength beating Ginger, thats how you were able to get [i]her[\i]." He said pointimg the the other pinned pup.
Wrapping his paws to hang on & clinging to Briggs paw he wagged his tail, "Just wait, I'll beat ya too right now.. Err in a bit." Still clinging onto Briggs paw he tried giving a threatening growl but came as a lame squeak as he chewed on his paw, beginning his "attack" to begin his victory over Briggs.-
Toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Ginger was pawing and biting at Briggs leg attempting to break free when Toby of course had to make a big excuse and claim that he had beaten her with his strengh. With an annoyed snort Ginger stopped biting at Briggs leg and turned her attention to Toby. Slowly Ginger managed to stretch one of her paws out far enough and gave Toby a swift, hard blow to his ear then glared at him "I actually pinned you. You were the one struggling to break free. Ginger said in a annoyed voice. Turning her attention back to Briggs Ginger barked happily then acted as if nothing happen giving Briggs a hard bite then continued to paw at him.
Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post  Tau Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm

(Kalak=Maned Wolf.)

The stubborn Kalak quickly glanced up to the sky as something cold and wet was falling on his thin fox-like pelt. He had thought it was rain but to his surprise it was white and twirled slowly as it went instead of falling down quickly. Astonished by the event the Kalak reared up onto his long, slender hindlegs and carefully attempted to touch at least one with his paw. Not stable enough on two legs the Kalak fell forword onto all fours but still kept a steady eye on the small white things. After thinking hard for some time the Kalak simply shrugged his shoulders then noticed that the white debris were piling on the ground and his pelt making him shudder as the Kalak's thin pelt wasn't meant for colder weather. Confused greatly the Kalak simply sighed lightly then decided to take his mind off it and think of more important things beside the weather.

Noticing how parched his throat was the young Kalak quickly scanned the large, now white valley for a pool of water besides the lake that stood in the middle of the valley as it was far to close to other canines for his liking. Seeing nothing that could be suitble for drinking from besides the lake the Kalak give a heavy sigh then quickly glanced back to the jackal whose name was Roku before he went off at his odd pacing gait. His legs on one side would move forward at the same time then the other side would. Ignoring the other canines the Kalak couldn't help but to make the patch of black fur on his shoulder and neck that was close to a mane of some sort puff up making him appear larger then he actually was. Upon reaching the lake the Kalak slowly bowed his head towards the transparent liquid were he then lapped it up. Even if it was to cold then he would of liked it to be the Kalak was glad that he was atleast was no longer thirsty but the thought of a juicy Wolf Apple which grew at his old home made his mouth water and stomach growl. With swift eyes the Kalak scanned the surrounding areas but soon growled to himself for believing that such fruit would grow on a island that had white stuff falling from the sky. Annoyed and hungry the Kalak decided to lay down on his flank and nap even if he was close to other canines that might be crazy enough to attack such a strong and powerful wolf like himself.
Tau
Tau

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Toby stuck his tongue at Ginger, loving the fact that she was getting annoyed with his excuses & that amused him. He began chewing on Briggs' paw in a fail attempt to free himself, squirming around a bit before having to stop to take a rest.-
Toby
Toby

Back to top Go down

Post  ||Jay|| Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:12 am

Out of the snowy mist, a figure approaches the wolves and strange newcomer. Jay appears to wear a bow on her head thathe found at an old human abandonment and her silky white pelt sparkles with the dusting of snow. She picks up a snowball and throws it at her fellow crush, the browish rusty pelt Briggs.

||Jay||

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:27 am

Seeing that Toby found it amusing how she was getting annoyed made her want to give him another hard blow to his ear and maybe even harder but she rolled her eyes deciding to not give him the satisfaction of how he was getting her more annoyed. Quickly glancing over to Toby then back to Briggs a smile spread across her muzzle as an idea came to her. Making loud whimpers Ginger looked up at Briggs with sad, pleading eyes "Please don't hurt me. You win! I give up your far too strong and tough for a weak puppy like me to beat! Please let me go and I will never try to think I'm stronger then you!" Ginger begged in her best sad puppy voice. As she casted another quick glance to Toby to see he was resting she looked back to Briggs then tried her best to look very small and weak the same way she looked when she was washed up on shore except she wasn't exactly wet.
Ginger
Ginger

Back to top Go down

Post  Briggs Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:33 am

Briggs rolled his eyes as the pups bickered, shaking his head in teasing disproval before taking a glance over his shoulder at the white she-wolf he had been talking with. "my names Briggs, what might yours be? He replied to her question in a humble tone, giving a sweet grin, though it soon curled into a wince as the pups began to bite at his paws with their sharp little teeth.

The brown male held them down for a few moments more, keeping his head turned towards the white wolf. As Gingers pitiful begs slipped into his ears, he turned his gaze back to her. She was trying her best to look helpless, the male knew it, and yet she still caused him to let out a defeated sigh. He finally took a step back, removing his paws from the pups chests and setting them free. though he had no doubt that the pups might not let him out of their play fight that easily, Briggs still turned his back on them, bringing his full attention back to the white wolf as he awaited her response.

Briggs twitched in a surprised manner when something cold pelted his side, his head automatically turning to see what it was. His golden gaze recognized the left over particles sticking to his brown fur as snow, and looked up from his side in confusion. upon seeing Jay, the male gave a few flicks of his tail in greet, holding her gaze for a few moments with a smile before turning back to the new wolf, not wanting to seem rude.

(Geez guys let me post lol, this is the third modification , just one question, how does a wolf throw a snowball lol)
Briggs
Briggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum